SyncHPC simplifies the lifecycle of multiple Ansys applications like ‘SPEOS’ (formerly OPTIS SPEOS) on Cloud-based high-performance computing (HPC) infrastructure. It provides easy deployment, management and usage of HPC resources for Ansys applications.
This blog post describes the performance of ‘SPEOS’ on SyncHPC. It also briefly describes the end-user workflow of running ‘SPEOS’ application on this platform.
SyncHPC Team executed various tests on cloud based scalable HPC. Both ‘direct’ and ‘inverse’ type of simulations were run on SPEOS. Interestingly, performance of the selected problems improved almost linearly as the number of CPU cores are increased.
The graph shows the performance improvement on a standard inverse simulation example (Inverse_ SPEOS_Sphere.sv5) provided by Ansys.
- SyncHPC is configured to run SPEOS application
- Input simulation file (.sv5) is ready and already uploaded to ‘SyncStore’ (Cloud Storage). This is output file of pre-processing work done by user.
1. User selects Ansys- SPEOS application from multiple Ansys Applications.`
2. Basic inputs like Job name, number of CPU Cores, SPEOS Version and input file (.sv5) are provided by users in the following window.
3. SPEOS specific settings like Number of rays/ Pass, Simulation time, Scheduler wall clock, etc are also provided.
4. This completes all the inputs required for the simulation of SPEOS and users can start simulation and monitor the output of simulation on SyncHPC.
SyncHPC platform provides a simplified simulation workflow for cloud HPC. Also, users can take benefit of unlimited cloud scalability due to linear performance improvement of Ansys SPEOS simulations.