Today, many researchers and makers are performing big computing jobs on Cloud High-Performance Computing Infrastructure to improve their productivity and to save huge budgets (CAPEX as well as OPEX). ‘SyncHPC’ by Syncious, allows users to effectively deploy, manage and run these applications on cloud.
This blog post explains the end-user workflow to run one of such applications: CONVERGE CFD. SyncHPC Team executed various tests on cloud based scalable HPC. Interestingly, performance of the selected problems improved almost linearly as the number of CPU cores are increased.
- Please contact application providers for Licensing purpose.
- SyncHPC is configured to run CONVERGE CFD application
- Input simulation file is ready and already uploaded to ‘SyncStore’ (Cloud Storage). This is output file of pre-processing work done by user.
1. User selects CONVERGE CFD application from multiple Applications and click on the ‘Create’ button.
2. After clicking the ‘Create’ button, user get the following windows.
Basic inputs like Job name, number of CPU Cores, CONVERGE CFD Version and input file are provided by users in the following window and Submitting job.
3. This completes all the inputs required for the simulation of CONVERGE CFD and users can start simulation and monitor the output of simulation on SyncHPC.
This simple workflow helps end-users to submit and monitor their jobs. Also, SyncHPC provides complete ownership of all the resources running in cloud. Hence, users can directly login to computation machines to access and manage their data securely.