The aim of the R&D team is to perform complex computing projects using high-end workstations. Organisations spend a good amount of CAPEx and resources to maintain these high-end workstations for the users. Due to cost and maintenance challenges, there is a significant need to optimize the usage of workstations per user.
Some of the challenges faced by organizations are:
- Teams have specific requirements for the type of workstations based on applications and project needs. Also, these requirements keep on changing.
- The management needs a centralized dashboard for summary/reports of workstation usage based on various parameters like GPU, CPU, RAM, etc.
- If possible organizations want to optimize the usage of workstations to save cost.
Hence, there is a need to build a flexible workstation optimization solution using Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI). ‘SyncVDI’ is a platform, which helps to build various use-cases required by VDI.
‘SyncVDI’ – Remote Visualisation for CAD/CAE
It is a remote visualisation and management platform for CAD/CAE workloads running on the cloud or user’s office premises. It helps to utilize high-end workstations within R&D teams effectively and also helps to optimize budget and improve productivity.
Results SyncVDI solution to achieve the following objectives:
- It is observed from reports that the usage of workstations is typically under 50%. Thus, spending on workstations can be decreased by 50%.
- Due to the elastic nature of the solution, users can access workstations with the required configuration of their prerequisites.
- Administrators can monitor the use of users and workstations.
- With detailed reports, an organization can plan appropriately for budgets.
Hence, the organization needs an enterprise-class solution to optimize resources for workstations.